Welcome to Abigail's Journal Space

I have set up this space to provide a focus for all things writing-related and in order to keep some kind of record of my published pieces. Where possible I will supply links to e zines and information about printed material. If you wish to get in touch with me directly, please leave a comment. Alternatively, I can be found on both Twitter and Facebook.

In addition to the outlets mentioned above and in fairness to all the editors to whom I am equally grateful, my work has also appeared in: 'Ink, Sweat & Tears', 'Symmetry Pebbles', 'Reflections Magazine', 'Earth Love', 'First Edition', 'Magnificent Me', 'The Human Genre Project' and 'Rumble'. If I have left anyone out, I apologise in advance. I will rectify any omissions of discovery. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Abi







Thursday 1 July 2010

Thursday, 1st July

Update

Life is hectic at the present time that I have been forced to neglect this blog. However, here are just a few points of information.  Firstly, the 'One Million Stories' anthology for the 'Best of 2009' is now available on line via Amazon. (I have my copy so please support this project and purchase yours.) The anthology includes my short story 'On Walking Carne Brae'. 

Secondly, 'Ink, Sweat & Tears' have accepted my poem 'Ensign' which was inspired by and is dedicated to the very wonderful David Rowland. (Thank you, David, just for breathing in and out.) 

Thirdly, 'Creature Comforts', a quarterly journal that publishes poetry and prose connected with the animal world, has taken four poems and a photoraph (to appear in the next issue).  'Creature Features' is published in Cyprus and circulated world-wide.  My thanks go to Les Merton of  Palores Press for providing the lead.
 
Finally, I am in the early stages of preparing copy for my collection of poems, 'Moths in a Jar'.  It is expected that this will be available around October at a cost of £4 for 40 pages.  I will, of course, be very happy to take advance orders.  Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to sneak a peek at the 'real' Abigail Wyatt. As  a certain Sunday rag used to promise, 'all human life is there'!

P.S. I have just remembered that 'Words With Jam' have accepted my poem 'A Year Ago' for inclusion in their 2010 Christmas Book.  I think that is about all for now.  Back soon, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abi,

    Hope you're well.

    I hope you don't mind me trying to contact you this way and I hope you remember me from Scribbs and Scribes on the OU forum :)

    To my complete horror- I've been booted-off the site ( I guess my time is up!)and because of the abrupt eviction, I have not been able to say Goodbye to all the regular folks on there.I've been racking my brain wondering how to "tunnel back in" and apart from signing-up for another course, couldn't hatch a plan!Then I remembered your blog. I wondered if you would possibly post a quick message on there from me to say what's happened. I would have liked to keep in touch with the serious poets on there such as yourself, Peter and Viv etc but hey-ho as my husband says - I'm nothing but a freeloader now I've finished my course:)

    Hope this gets to you OK. Very best wishes to you ith your poetry success and to all on Scribbs to.

    Kindest Regards,

    Joanne Key

    ReplyDelete

Followers